Friday, April 25, 2014

Sunday April 27th

Last day; time to go home. Almost!

After a better breakfast this time at the hotel, I checked out and headed for Liverpool Street Station to leave my luggage there so I didn't have to carry it around.

Then I travelled to Pontoon Dock to see the mighty Thames Barrier; the construction that keeps London safe from floods.
 It was nice to look at, but unfortunately the information centre was on the south side - and I was on the north - and there were no way of walking over (which I hoped for).
So I didn't get all I wanted, but it was nice to see it anyway.


Next up was a quick stop at Forbidden Planet again. My cousins kid's birthday is coming up and I needed a present (didn't know about the invitation to the birthday party yesterday when I was here).

Then back to Liverpool Street Station again and on the train to Stansted. I am going back through that airport instead of Heathrow.

No incidents at the airport and I was home again around eleven in the evening, safe and sound.

And I am already looking forward to my next trip! :D

No comments: