Friday, April 14, 2017

Hong Kong Ending

I guess Hong Kong has always been there in the back of my head, but it wasn't really until I had a transfer on my way to Cambodia a couple of years back that I put it on my Travel ToDo list.

Unfortunatly, the city itself wasn't super exciting; it was rundown, somewhat filthy and the stench of the harbour was always there. It was fun to have been there, but I doubt if I will ever go back.

The green hilltops around the city was beautiful though. A very nice scenery to look at.


If I were to redo it; I would have only stayed there for one night instead of two. Everything I did could be managed in one full day.

They did have neat thing that really helps you exploring the city without that extra night; you could check in your luggage already on the train/subway station on Hong Kong island!
Had I known this before, I would have just done that and continued my trip one day earlier.

In any case, it was fun to be able to check this city off my list! :)

2 comments:

Henke said...

And no Bond sites as it seems like? :-(

Halo said...

No, I was so un-coordinated before this trip so I actually looked this up.

There are not so much interesting to see though (Hong Kong has changed so much since James Bond was there (mostly featured in 'The Man With the Golden Gun').
But the 'Hong Kong Dragon Garden' might still be as it were back then and worth a visit.