Sunday, September 13, 2009

Saturday September 26th

I took the DART train out to Clontarf to see some spooky stuff; the The Bram Stoker Dracula Museum! I had some high hopes when I got there - just to discover that the museum had just closed down a few weeks back. Grrr... :(

Here is a shot of the sign anyhow:


So I went back to town, thought about it a bit and then bought a ticket to the Dublin Ghost Tour this evening. A bus tour with a ghostly theme. Might be interesting, not sure. Guess we'll see.

After that, I went to a movie, why not? I didn't have anything else planned. Only thing to see this time of day was Surrogates. I didn't think it would be any good, but I like seeing visions of the future. And it surprised me - better that I thought. Not fantastic, but worth the ticket.

Went back to my room to wait for the tour (started at 7pm), then headed out for it.

This buss picked us up:
We drove through Dublin with curtains for the windows and dimmed light inside while the "tour guide" talked about Dublins ghostly world, Bram Stoker and other interesting facts (or myths...?).
He got a grave digging lesson and we went to see some churches and cemeteries.
On a whole, this tour was great! I liked it a lot. :)

Then back to the room again for some sleep. Have absolutly no clue what to do tomorrow. As long as I am away from work, relaxing - all is good.

No comments: