Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wednesday September 23rd

First order of business of the day: get out of bed. Wasn't easy, but I finally got out of my room just after 12...
Then time for another stroll in Dublin.

I walked to the National Gallery of Ireland, where I spent two hours looking at paintings of Rembrandt, Caravaggio, Picasso, Monet, Yeats, Goya and many more. There was also a special exhibition featuring Edvard Munch, which was interesting - it contained, amoung others pieces, The Scream and Madonna.

National Gallery:


Then off to just walk around, looking in shops and what not until I came to The Dublin Castle (I have seen better castles - but not sure I have seen any that had painted parts of it - see in the back of the photo):


Photo of the more normal part, from the courtyard:


Then, moving on, got to see two of Dublins very big churches; the Christ Church Cathedral:

and the St Patrick Cathedral (had to check it out...):


It is tiresome to walk this much! Off to Irelands oldest pub; The Brazen Head, for a pint!
After that I walked home to room again.

Not sure what I'll do tomorrow, depends on the weather. Maybe the Dublin Zoo...?

No comments: