Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sunday September 13th

Woke up with a slight hang over, but I still managed to get up in time. After the hotel breakfast (which isn't really good here) I went back to Stanstead Airport and caught my flight to Shannon, Ireland.
Flight was about an hour and then a bus took me to my first Irish stop, the little village of Ennis (Go Lions?).


While I was walking through the city, I heard a lot of cheering of some game from the pubs, I later discovered that Clare, the County where Ennis is situated, won the national championship in hurling - apperently for the first time ever.

The B&B I am staying at here were suppose to be 2 km from the city centre, but I doubt it, since I had to walk for over an hour to get there. Not too much fun with all my luggage in a hot sunny day. Could be worse, I guess - could have been raining. But then again if that had happen, I would probably have taken a taxi right away...

The B&B (Rye Hill) doesn't have any internet connection so I am now writing this down in my computer for easy copy/pasting when I get to a place that has it.

The B&B (my room on second floor)

and the room I am staying at:


Right now I am making plans for tomorrow; will try to catch a buss to Doolin take a ferry there to see the Cliffs of Moher from the sea (and possibly also the Aran islands). I also intend to look at the cliffs from land as well.We'll see how it goes. :)

No comments: